Monday, May 20, 2013

True L-O-V-E

Okay, I'll admit it. Sometimes I get worldly songs stuck in my head. Who doesn't? You go to the ice skating rink, ride in the car with someone, or walk around in the grocery store for a while and boom, the song's in your head.
When I was little, the movie Parent Trap was the favorite amongst friends and family. We watched it regularly, often acted out the parts of the characters, or played tricks on April fools that may have mildly represented what we saw on television. (Kids, don't try this at home.)
Unfortunately, Parent Trap seems to have "scarred me for life." We fast-forwarded the opening of the movie, I assure you (what pair of child eyes wants to see people kissing anyway?), but somehow I still seem to get Nat King Cole's song, L-O-V-E stuck in my head.
But as I was trying to get it out of my head the other afternoon, my thoughts started rolling. I began dissecting each verse. According to the song, love.... is the way you at someone. Love.... is for being the singular most important part of someone's life. Love....is for someone extraordinary. Love.... is for someone you adore above all else. But we're all sinful. No one can hold and keep to each one of those qualities without failing at some point. L-O-V-E is not true love at all. The only one who can love that way and grant the ability to love that way is Jesus. 

Thus, a new version of L-O-V-E was born.






Next time you hear Nat King Cole's famous love song, transform the verses. Think about how God love you...and how you want to love Him back.

-Sofia 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you wish to leave a comment please keep your comment pleasant. Make sure all your words and content are glorifying to God. If any comment is left that does not bring glory and honor to God it will be deleted immediately.

Thanks a lot for leaving a comment!

"Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger, for the anger of a man does not produce the righteousness that God requires." ~ James 1:19-21

"So whether you eat, or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." ~1 Corinthians 10:31