Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Last words - Part One


"I have provided in the course of my life for everything except death, and now alas, I am to die unprepared." - Cardinal Borgia

"All of the wisdom of this world is but a tiny raft upon which we must set sail when we leave this earth. If only there was a firmer foundation upon which to sail, perhaps some divine word." - Socrates





"It is a bit embarrassing to have been concerned with the human problem all one's life and find at the end that one has no more to offer by way of advice than: Try and be a little kinder." - Aldous Huxley

"I still live....The great mystery is Jesus Christ, the Gospel. What would the condition of any of us be if we had not the hope of immorality? ... Thank God, the Gospel of Jesus Christ brought life and immorality to light." - Daniel Webster

"Go on, get out! Last words are for fools who haven't said enough!" - Karl Marx

"I marvel that where the ambitious dreams of myself and of Alexander and of Caesar should have vanished into thin air, a Judean peasant, Jesus, should be able to stretch his hands across the centuries, and control the destinies of men and nations." - Napoleon





"Doctor, I wish you to observe how real and beneficial the religion of Christ is to man about to die...." (In his will he wrote: "This is all the inheritance I give to my dear family: The religion of Christ which will give them one which will make them rich indeed.") - Patrick Henry

"Now comes the mystery." - Henry Ward Beecher

"My dear children, do not grieve for me... I am my God's. I belong to Him. I go but a short time before you, and...I hope and trust to meet you all in heaven." - Andrew Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you wish to leave a comment please keep your comment pleasant. Make sure all your words and content are glorifying to God. If any comment is left that does not bring glory and honor to God it will be deleted immediately.

Thanks a lot for leaving a comment!

"Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger, for the anger of a man does not produce the righteousness that God requires." ~ James 1:19-21

"So whether you eat, or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." ~1 Corinthians 10:31