Friday, April 27, 2012

Modest Fashion
Today seemed like a good day to post about Fashion. So, we're girls, we like fashion, right? But these days if you're striving to be modest... fashion can be a tricky subject. It’s certainly not impossible to be modest and fashionable at the same time, it’s just harder. Finding those loose skinny jeans (I prefer to call them oxymoron jeans), long shorts, and high cami’s can be a struggle. Personally, I wear a lot of skirts. A very knowledgeable person I once knew said “A person’s talent is measured merely by their ability to run up and down stairs in an ankle-length skirt.” (But that’s a story for another time) My point is that many types of skirts and dresses are modest, cute, and feminine. (They also make you look like a homeschooler or German Baptist, but hey, I consider both of those a compliment to some degree. I’m in this world, but I’m not of it. I’d much rather look like a homeschooler or German Baptist than the rest of the world.) Anyway, this week I dug up a few feminine, modest, yet fashionable dresses that I thought I would post to give you guys some inspiration. We all need it, don’t we? I must say, some of these are really cute. It’s probably a good thing that I’m broke right now. If you would like to see where the dresses came from, feel free to click the number links below. I also added in a few simple and feminine hairstyles as well. And of course, a question at the bottom. I’m praying this is an inspiration and blessing to you all! And don’t forget, every time you struggle with being modest, remember that it glorifies God. He sees you as precious—and that’s all that matters




. Modest Fashion 1


Modest Fashion 2

  1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8


Hair 1
Via


Hair 3
Via


Nails 1
Via


A question......
  "Have you ever considered how what you wear represents the gospel?" (Hannah Farver Uncompromising)

  And a quote......
The world is full of darkness, as well as immature people who need to grow in grace: rude people, boy-crazy people, panicky people, problematic people, and people who just make mistakes. what the world needs most isn't girls to point them out-- it needs girls who will illuminate the darkness with God's light. It doesn't need young women who will give others more reason to worry, fret, accuse, talk, fear, or burn innocent people at the stake, but young women who "let [their] light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven" (Matt. 5:16) ~ Anna Sofia & Elizabeth Botkin ( It's Not That Complicated)

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you wish to leave a comment please keep your comment pleasant. Make sure all your words and content are glorifying to God. If any comment is left that does not bring glory and honor to God it will be deleted immediately.

Thanks a lot for leaving a comment!

"Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger, for the anger of a man does not produce the righteousness that God requires." ~ James 1:19-21

"So whether you eat, or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." ~1 Corinthians 10:31