Sunday, October 16, 2011

Group Discussion 02 -- What about Heaven?

Generally, you write on the topics of things you think about often. Ella recently read the book "Heaven is For Real" (You can purchase the book here) and asked if we could do a group discussion on Heaven.

So here are our thoughts on Heaven. We would love it if you commented below and shared your own thoughts on what you think heaven will be like!

Enjoy!


~Piper Amanda~

Heaven... it sounds so wonderful, it sends shivers up my spine. Can you
imagine, life without any pain, without any sin, without any suffering, and
no more tears? Do you know what I am going to do when I get to heaven? I am
going to a wedding feast: the marriage supper of the Lamb. And all the
believers who have gone with me and before me will be there. Someone I
especially want to meet is King David. I also think it will be wonderful to
see my great grandmother and my grandfather again. But mostly I am looking
forward to seeing Jesus face to face. That, I cannot imagine, but this I
know, it will be the most incredible thing my eyes will ever see-- the One
Who Created Them to gaze upon Him.
~Something you wonder about Heaven~
Will there be work in heaven? I was having a conversation with someone very
wise about this recently, and they pointed out that there was work before
there was sin. Adam and Eve were placed in the Garden of Eden (our closest
thing to a picture of paradise) in order to care for it. The Bible also
talks about how we are God's workmanship, created to do good works which God
prepared in advance for us to do. I think that if there is work in heaven,
it will be the perfect job for us, and we will be doing our work for Jesus.
I wonder what job Jesus will have for me to do?


~Ella Grace Collins~

Heaven...
What does that word mean to you? Is it just another word? Is it special?
Is it frightening?
We all are going to go somewhere when we die, even the Egyptians believed
that. So where is your soul going when you die? Heaven to me is a very
special place, it is where Jesus Christ reigns and has prepared a spot for
me to be one day. Some people are scared to talk about heaven or think
about where they are going when they die, thy take life as it comes to them
and try not to think are prepare for there future, but for me I love talking
about heaven. When we get there it will be a wonderful experience for the
first time ever we will get to life without sin!



~Sofia Noel Collins~

I imagine things about heaven that usually, normal people don’t even think
about. Why do we even get to go to heaven anyways? I mean, we’ve never done
anything to deserve streets paved in sparkling gold and life without sin.
The answer is simple. Jesus died to take our sin upon himself so that all we
had to do was believe upon Him to be set free from our sinful bondage and
have eternal life in a place more beautiful than anyone can ever imagine.

Christ has shown His love for us unfathomable.

So what do I think about Heaven? The one thing I cannot wait for is to be
able to talk to Jesus. Can you imagine something so absolutely spectacular?
Can you get your mind around being able to talk to the person who made you?

What else do I think about heaven? I think that instruments will be playing
for all eternity in praise to God! Don’t you want to be there? I think the
flowers will be made of Chystals. Don’t you want to be there? I think we
will be able to fly, I think there will be waters there with graceful fish,
plants and animals beyond what our imaginations can fathom. Don’t you want
to be there? Best of all, we shall dwell with Jesus Christ our savior
forever and ever and ever. Don’t YOU want to be there?

Are you going to be there? Are you certain you are going to be there? If
not, Jesus wants you to be there. In fact, if you accept Him, He will
prepare a place for you. For *You!*

So will you accept Him?

1 comment:

  1. Heaven has a draw that can't be told in a book ,pictured in a painting, or be imagined by any creative mind, at least for those of us who have never been. It's wonderful to think about what we look forward to in heaven, life the way it was before Adam sinned. Sometimes I think of heaven as purely gold, glittering and bright. But I think there will be every other color imaginable there, filling the very air with hues to praise His name. Every Christian that ever lived, ever died will be there, we will get to talk with them, meet them, learn about people we have never met. We will never want for anything, no anger, no dissent, jealousy, cruelty, everything perfect the way it was meant to be. A wonderful relationship with Jesus. How big is heaven? Is it every bit of space, sky, and time? Will there be rain?
    It does sound strange for some people that don't know Jesus when we say that we can't wait to go to heaven. I mean, aren't we supposed to "live life to the fullest and have fun? Why are you thinking about death and dying? That's morbid." Do you know that time of evening when the sky is so deep and has so many different colors? When the sun is going down, touching everything with fingers of bright radiance, making the mountains sharp and colorful? It's at that time most I see the light puffy clouds with gold light on the tops, drifting as if magnetized by the mercurial sun, floating high in the air, and think, "Someday I'm going to be like those clouds, rushing for Jesus to make me whole and new." The feeling of wanting to leave earth and soar up to heaven is so strong it gives me longing to be in heaven with God. Maybe that's what has always made man want to leave the ground and fly, like Leonardo Da Vinci, or the Wright Brothers. I can't wait to go to heaven.

    ReplyDelete

If you wish to leave a comment please keep your comment pleasant. Make sure all your words and content are glorifying to God. If any comment is left that does not bring glory and honor to God it will be deleted immediately.

Thanks a lot for leaving a comment!

"Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger, for the anger of a man does not produce the righteousness that God requires." ~ James 1:19-21

"So whether you eat, or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." ~1 Corinthians 10:31