Thursday, May 26, 2011

Group Discussion 01

Welcome to group discussion 01. :)
This week we asked the question: "What has God been teaching you this past school year?"
We each answered the above question in a paragraph or so. After reading our responses feel free to comment and share your own opinion on what God has been teaching you. We'd love to hear from you!
blessings,


Sofia

God has been teaching me a lot during this school year. Some of these lessons include patience and not judging by appearances. Ultimately, both of these things come down to one thing: loving others. I've been taught patience in two areas-- being patient with God's timing and being patient with others. A lot of times I don't like to wait for God to move. I want things to go MY way, in MY timing. But my timing is not the best timing. God has been showing me that His timing is always perfect, and that He always knows what He is doing. About the area of being patient with other people: God is always patient with me, even when I don't deserve it. He overlooks my shortcomings when he could point out hundreds of them. Because of the grace He's shown me, I've discovered that I really don't have a right to point out the shortcomings of others. I need to be patient with them and love them even when they don't deserve it. Which is, to put in one word, hard. The other lesson that the Lord has been showing me is that I shouldn't judge by appearances. At my job, at school, and in other places I come in contact with a lot of people who come across, well, creepy. I don't know about you, but the baggy pants and the tattoos and the lip piercing just turn me off. Several times God has moved me into a position where these people have come to ask me for help and have ended up spilling their hearts out to me. What I discovered there was not someone who was creepy, but someone who was lost inside. I was able to help them and to encourage them. I have also been around people who seem to have it all together-- popularity, good looks, a following, a cool attitude-- but all these things were a mask to hide the brokenness that was inside of them because they didn't have everything they needed-- perhaps a bad family situation or hurting relationships marred their perfect life. Either way, the lesson I have learned is to love people unconditionally because appearances are deceiving. "Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart."

~Piper Amanda~



What I have learned this year...

As I look at a school year gone by, I see that God truly has done work in my life. I think one of the biggest areas that God has touched on in my life is trust. Mostly trusting him for the events that are taking place in the present and the uncertainty of the future, but also trusting in God for the outcome of the certain events that I would like to be able to handle on my own.
Another thing that God has been teaching me is to meditate on certain verses of the Bible that pertain to the areas of life that I'm struggling with. The Bible is God's letter to each of us. I have been encouraged to always look harder, for the verses of what God says to me in every day life matter.


~Ella Grace~


I learned so many things this year that I could hardly cram it all into an
essay, much less a paragraph, but I will try to sum a few aspects of it up
in a few words. This year I learned that God speaks to everyone in their own
special way. We just have to learn to listen to Him and what he wants for
us. I learned that God’s way is always better than our own. He sees the
whole picture, while we only see the present time. Everything happens for a
reason and God has a time for everything and a purpose for everyone and
everything. I learned to be patient and wait what God wants for me, not what
I want for myself and to wait upon Him to reveal His words to me. Faith is a
very important aspect of that as well. We have to have faith in God that He
will take care of us through our times of need and times of trouble, and he
will. Because He loves us.

~Sofia Noel~

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you wish to leave a comment please keep your comment pleasant. Make sure all your words and content are glorifying to God. If any comment is left that does not bring glory and honor to God it will be deleted immediately.

Thanks a lot for leaving a comment!

"Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger, for the anger of a man does not produce the righteousness that God requires." ~ James 1:19-21

"So whether you eat, or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." ~1 Corinthians 10:31